jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Under my account information there is a box that says URL TRACKER.
    What is this for,? and when I click create new tracker it says you have to enter a tracking token and description. What are these and where do you get the information from? Totally baffled.

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Referrals work in two ways. Check out /hub/Referrals for a more detailed description.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

URL trackers are a method for creating referral traffic. If you send someone an email with a link that includes your tracker, or if you place it on your website, then HubPages will know when people click on the link that the link came from you. This you can use to get credit if getting new members to sign up.

Another way to use them is to get credit for referring traffic to hubs published by other Hubbers. To do this, visit the hub in question, then click on the "share" icon, and you will see different options for the system to generate a referral tracker for you. Then you paste that link into your hubs, emails etc.

There should be no need for you to manually create new referral trackers for your own account, simply use the one you have already.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thankyou website manager for a full and detailed answer.

3. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 6 years ago

I am still trying to figure this out.  I will check out the link.