jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

She's not a man...

1. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Recently I posted a thread on meet the worlds greatest hubber where someone mentioned drbj was a great hubber.

I commented back that yes drjb is an impressive man or something to that affect, not aware of it until today... 

Wavegirl sent a copy to drbj.

Today while reading a hub on the topic commenting by drbj I noted she ended by saying something like did you know some hubbers think I'm a man.  She included a portion of the forum thread where in I made the comment.

Bottom line, Maybe I was surfing about faster than I should have and in haste made the error in my comment.

BUT at no time what so ever did I think drbj was a man as I do enjoy her thoughtful and considerate comments and from having read so many of them with interest I long came to the conclusion that she is in fact a women.

drbj no doubt you are a very kind man opps I mean women and so thanks for your always kind and thoughtful considerate comments. Please forgive my hasty error.

Peace smile katiem2

1. leeberttea profile image61
      leebertteaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Any women that picks Dr. BJ for an ID has my deep respect and admiration, not to mention an intense compulsion to want an appointment with the "Dr." ! wink

katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

YOUR so right...  thanks for the smile... smile

2. drbj profile image83
    drbjposted 6 years ago

Katiem, you sweet hubber, never for one single second did I mind that you thought I might have been of the male persuasion. Actually, if you had that would have been kind of a compliment.  I was guilty of the sin of omission by not being specific in my profile. Did it for fun to see where it might lead. Hope you forgive me. If it weren't for my seeing that particular thread I would not have had the idea of creating my hub on comments and how to make them. So I owe you one. Would you like it in dollars or pounds?

So glad to hear that.  just keep the kind and thoughtful comments coming you are after all a very impressive man...

wink smile

3. drbj profile image83
    drbjposted 6 years ago

leeberttea - I have been drbj since I began working in the Pleistocene Era and being a woman it has provoked many provocative reactions when some folks have met me. Guess I really do enjoy mind games as katiem pointed out.
    Would you like your appointment in the am or pm?

Staisfaction is welcome at any time of day dear Dr!

2. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nowadays you have to be careful with what you say or do.
      You cannot joke with your gender and you can not say that your friend is alway gay(meaning :merry, happy), at least not in Canada in 2010.

Yeah that's Canada, where they no longer believe in free speech, unless it's "right speech".

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, "right speech" is always free over there, as much as you like! Proper behavior is very popular...

I was never keen on being told what to do.

4. myownworld profile image82
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

Male or female... you just earned a new fan drb! Glad to have found you.... smile

MOW wow you didn't know drbj yet?  So glad you did, this is why I was so concerned as to having offended him oh I mean her... because she's such a wonderful and thought provoking person. 

MOM may I introduce the great drbj.... smile

5. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

drbj consider yourself outed big_smile

Your secret is out ~ you are now confirmed for what I already knew you to be ...

... a Class A Hubber with a sharp wit and a talent for eloquent and deliciously interesting articles.

You are as gracious as the day is long, with a thousand times the appeal of a well crafted and wholly delicious Lemon Meringue Pie wink

Good stuff big_smilebig_smile

Message to Hubbers - if you haven't already met drbj, do take five minutes out of your day to do so. You'll not be disppointed smile

1. Mike Lickteig profile image88
      Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely!  I agree completely.  I always look forward to the good doctor's comments on my hubs.  She always exudes grace and class.

2. katiem2 profile image59

Exactly and again drbj you are welcome...

6. oscillationatend profile image60
    oscillationatendposted 6 years ago

Don't worry, I get confused as female all the time. wink

Thanks smile

7. drbj profile image83
    drbjposted 6 years ago

I already knew from reading your hubs and comments and profiles how gracious, intelligent, discerning, and perspicacious you all are. Hubpages is very lucky to have you!

8. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

It's funny how the ambiguity of our hub name and avatar can sometimes cause readers to misinterpret us.

Depending on our writing style, and our choice of words in commenting, it may take a while to have other readers catch on to what gender we may be (as if it matters, really cool).  The most important thing to convey, I think, is honesty and respect, along with support for our fellow hubbers.

With so many hubs and hubbers to read, it's easy to miss some of the better ones.  Thanks for pointing out yet another fine hubber, Katie smile

I'll be sure to check out drbj very soon.  Thanks.
    And a big hello to my fellow hubbers as well smile

working