jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Linking to other hubs is good but...

1. 0
    multimasteryposted 6 years ago

I feel that the linking to other hubs feature is a very nice idea to promote more camaraderie in the HubPages community. However, I it would be better, fairer and more convenient for those links to automatically have our personal referral code embedded in them.  This would keep things in line with the superb HubPages referral system -- crediting/compensating members for referring traffic to other hubs.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You seem to have missed point #1 in Paul's initial post in the official thread, which explains HubPages stance on trackers in the suggested link tool.

2. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

Well you have to remember that google is changing the way content is ranked in the search engines, the more value that is provided for each topic posted the better. So when you link to a hub that is related to your subject area, you are telling google spiders that your content is valuable and rich with information.

That is why this new linking tool is a great idea for hubpages to provide us because we do benefit from it in the long run, the longer visitors stay engaged within a certain topic the better it is for everyone, so you are not losing anything by linking to other hubbers pages.

3. 0
    multimasteryposted 6 years ago

Ok thanks for the feedback, and relache I just went to read the original post which makes this linking tool clearer, thanks.