jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Clarification on earning here

1. Tannaidhe profile image61
    Tannaidheposted 8 years ago

Am I correct in surmising that you don't actually earn anything for your HubPages being viewed, no matter how much; that it is only through clicks on ads for the various affiliate programs, or clicks in through a link to here with your tracking number? 

ie, the only way to earn anything from HubPages directly is the Flagship Hubs or to draw traffic in for them?

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good girl, CPM is what your referring to. I believe hubpages should provide a cut of the cpm but at the moment they seem not too, I maybe wrong, but if it is the case I have not seen a cpm split. Spuds is spot on, you only get paid when its your turn for your pub id to be displayed and that at the moment runs at a stated 70% your way and 30% hubs way.

Your traffic will be split and you have to hope the good traffic lands on your 70%.

Welcome to hubpages.

1. Inspirepub profile image87
        Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

HubPages don't get paid per impression, they get paid per click, just like we do. We do get our 60% of the NOTHING they get paid for impressions, lol.

By the time 1000 people have seen a Hub the laws of probability will have guaranteed that the Hubber and HubPages will each have exactly the same proportion of "good" traffic and "bad" traffic, in term of click-through rates. No need for "hope" - mathematics has your back, there.

Just focus on attracting outside traffic, because other Hubbers are generally non-clickers.

1. 0
          terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am not too sure about that. Yeildbuild would be similar to the Rubicon project where a cpm is paid on Google impressions (cpm).

Maybe Mr Deeds could add some light.

2. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 8 years ago

Pretty much. You earn from people clicking on the Google ad's. You earn from people buying from the Amazon and EBay capsules if you have them on your hub.

You can make good money if you stick at it, make good hubs and yes get traffic and lots of it.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Yieldbuild manages the formatting and placement of ads, but unlike Rubicon you still use your own AdSense publisher id.  If you were running AdSense before, there really isn't much difference from your side, except that in most cases you'll be making more money.

To the best of my knowledge the only CPM ads in the google ad network are site targeted ads (although this may have changed).   Anyway, those CPM ads are rolled into the same AdSense reports as the CPC ads.   I don't think there is any obvious way to tell whether an individual ad is CPM or CPC in the AdSense network, nor is it really necessary to do so.