The best way to link to flash files that are relevant to a hub?

1. 59
    dgjertsenposted 8 years ago

I've written a hub that is a tutorial about Adobe flash.  I'd like to create more -- I think there's a lot of interest in this kind of thing.  Problem is, hub won't allow embedded flash. Since I'm writing about creating interactive content, it is nice if readers can fool around with the finished file.

I could put the files up on youtube as movies,  and then create a video capsule, however they would no longer be interactive, which defeats the point.

I have the files on my own website and I originally thought I would just post links to the relevant page next to each section.  At this point I discovered that that runs afoul of the (totally understandable) rule against "overly promotional" hubs.  I mean, the links are links to my own domain, where I do have advertising, etc.  So I do get why that's not allowed.

So what should I do?  I could create subdirectories that only contain the working .swf files, no ads, on my domain, which I believe would be in keeping with the spirit of the rule, but apparently that would still violate the letter of the law which does not allow two links from the same domain. I'll keep looking around the forums and hubs to see if anyone else has solved this problem...

I am genuinely not trying to "promote" my website, but simply to make those flash files easily accessible to readers of the hub. Without the ability to display finished flash movies, writing about flash is especially difficult.

2. shailini profile image60
    shailiniposted 8 years ago

You could reference your flash files in your hub (with Flash A, B, C or some descriptive names) Then, give one link to your domain asking readers to refer to the various A, B, C flash samples.

3. Lifebydesign profile image79
    Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago

Could you write them as separate hubs instead? Or store them on an storage site that allows interaction? I think Zoho does this.