jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Notification Re Fanmail.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

I forget to check my profile only to realize way later that someone left fanmail.  I feel bad approving fanmail who knows how long later.

How about some notification, like the comments or a section on the stats page?

Thoughts?

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I get an email notifying me of fanmail.  Have you checked your email settings with hubpages?

It all shows in my hubtivity if I get fanmail, and whether I have approved it or not.

3. Peter M. Lopez profile image91

Yes, if I happen to catch it on my hubtivity, I see it.  But I don't get the email.  I'll check my settings right now.

4. Peter M. Lopez profile image91

I allow HubPages to contact me and others to contact me.  I do not have receive email from authors checked.  Is that it?  I turned that off a while back because I was getting overwhelmed with notifications of new hubs.

I would think that would come from HP, but I don't know for sure.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88

Peter, I think it is the one where you allow HubPages to contact you.  But I'm not sure.  It would be good to get some clarification for that from the HP space crew.

I definitely do get an email whenever someone leaves me fanmail, but I also have all of the boxes checked.

6. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88

Peter, I actually just got fanmail, and the email from hubpages said:

Hi Stacie,

We just wanted to let you know that one of your fans, so-and-so, has just posted a piece of fan mail to your HubPages profile:
    Your Profile

Please visit your profile page to approve or deny their message.

Thanks,

HubPages

7. Peter M. Lopez profile image91

Well, I have never received such an email.  Maybe one of the powers that be can enlighten me.

8. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

At the moment, whether you receive fan mail or not is controlled by "Receive email from your favorite authors?" checkbox.  However, it seems to me like it's better if it were controlled by "Allow HubPages to contact you?".  So that may change soon.

9. Peter M. Lopez profile image91

Excellent.  Thanks, Paul.

working