jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Google ads

1. samboiam profile image60
    samboiamposted 6 years ago

My percentage of clicks on google ads is really good. Even though i do not get a high amount of page impressions. I have received <snipped> page impressions so far today. I have had <snipped> ads clicked. That is almost a whopping <snipped>%. The problem is the <snipped> clicks has only generated 10 cents. I believe i have seen the answer to this before but I can not find it.

It will take me forever to reach a payout at this rate. Is there any way I can limit the low paying ads on my hubs?

I hope someone has the answer.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey samboiam,

I snipped some of the numbers in your post, because AdSense TOS forbid disclosing number of clicks or click-through rates, and I don't want you to find your AdSense account banned.

As far as your actual question goes, ads in some niches pay more than others, so I think that probably explains it.

1. samboiam profile image60
        samboiamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for doing that. I must have forgotten that little fsct. Thanks for the help.

2. Lighting Guru profile image61
      Lighting Guruposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Adsense also smart prices your clicks.  You can have a lot of people coming to your hub and clicking on it, but if they don't do anything on the next site and just click right back you won't get paid much.  But if they bounce around and check things out you'll be paid more.

It could also be the keywords that you're targeting advertisers in certain areas, like finance, will pay a lot more per click than ones like "purple mousepads".  So make sure to use the google adwords keyword tool to check it out.

3. freelanceauthor profile image61
      freelanceauthorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you want high paying ads then create hubs using keywords that has high payout. Dont bother with your existing hubs with low payouts, they can also help in some ways.

2. 0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 6 years ago

I do not believe that hubpages has a feature to eliminate low paying adds.  If you had these on your own website then yes you could but still probably you are in low paying niches. 

I would be confident that the people at hubpages are doing the best to get you the most money.  Some niches just have no adsense market value.  You need a program like market samurai to find niches that have high paying keywords.

3. mrpopo profile image88
    mrpopoposted 6 years ago

From what I've heard, highly competitive searches yield higher paying clicks (correct me if I'm wrong).

You can make up for this by getting a ton of traffic though. Regardless of how much you get per click, if you have lots of people coming to your page you will get lots of clicks.

You can probably balance the amount of competitive high paying clicks with other non-competitive low paying clicks (assuming that's how it works) and you'd get good traffic for some Hubs and good payout for others. Linking to your other articles would benefit you in that aspect.

Easier said than done, but it's a thought smile

1. 49lart profile image70
      49lartposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Think like a retailer and start planning for the autumn, research products people desire. Then use that knowledge to write a hub based around that topic. For example home DIY in spring time, 3D tv and so on.