jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do I include my recent blog posts on My Hub Pages?

1. Call Writer profile image60
    Call Writerposted 6 years ago

I want to include recent blog posts from a WordPress blog and have them update on my Hub Page.

Is this possible?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can you expand on that?

If you want to add an automatically updated list of posts to a Hub, you can do that using a RSS capsule.

Add the capsule, then paste in the feed from your blog.  Set it to 8 posts.

As Cagsil said, HubPages penalizes duplicate content so be sure you have plenty of other original content in your Hub too.

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

No! Wordpress cannot update HubPages Hubs and you cannot setup any way to do it either.

However, you can write a separate hub about the topic, just do not make it exactly the same, otherwise, you could get tagged for duplicate content.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You would not get far taking blog posts and just copying them to Hubpages. Instead try writing more unique content, and you will reap teh rewards.

4. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

Hub pages likes unique content only, By putting it on your blog first and then putting it on hub pages will cause issues. This same rule goes by a number of big article type websites as unique content always ranks above duplicate

5. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Call Writer, I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to do, but an alternative (not quite what you want) might be to add links to your blogs from your profile page.

I noticed you didn't write much about yourself on your profile.  You may want to write something and add in-text links to your blog.  Otherwise, you could just list the blog URL.   If you link to one of your own pages (somewhere, if not on your own blog) that has a feed on it, that's kind of an indirect way of having updating associated with your profile on here.

I think, as long as you only link to one URL on a page it's OK.  Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.  (My profile is one, big, giant, display of "linkery"  hmm if you want to see a sample.  A lot of other people have some similar thing on their profiles too.)