jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Ad Echo From Hell

1. thooghun profile image85
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

I'm getting some incredibly annoying localized ads which all automatically start blattering at high volume. This isn't too much of a problem were it not the fact that I'm getting three of these on the same page which results in an echo from HELL.

I'm aware this isn't directly a hubpages problem, and I'm caught between humor and irritation (it has only recently started happening). Anyone else have this issue?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I don't pay that much attention to my ads or the placement of such. However, GOOGLE Adsense does have tools in place so you can change or select ads for specific locations.

I'm not exactly sure how to tell you "how" to go about it, because I don't understand all of GOOGLE Adsense as of yet.

But, I have read in the help section that we can control or manage the ads put on our hubs.

Hope that helped and wish I could be more help.

thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It does indeed. It is an Italian ad so hopefully I can play around and solve the issue. Thanks Cagsil!

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. I'm glad to be of some assistance. wink

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I've noticed these audio ads as well - very irritating. At first I couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from.

thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly, I closed 2 unrelated browser windows because I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Boy did I feel stupid.

4. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

You can also block this particular add company through your adsense account.  It will only affect your impressions, not HPs, but will make a difference.

1. psycheskinner profile image79
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was under the impression hubpages didn't use audio ads?

working