jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Changing the summary text on a hub

1. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

I have an older hub that is moving up the ranks.  It appears on the first page of Google.

But I decided I wasn't happy with the summary text (the first few sentences that appear on the SERP).  So I changed the text four days ago.  But when I do the Google search, the old text is still there.

How long will it take for Google to pick up the change?

1. RNMSN profile image90
      RNMSNposted 6 years ago in reply to this

better ask one of the staff like princessa or jason at least they can steer you in the right direction...good luck!!

2. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pages can index/reindexed hourly, daily and sometimes longer.

On the results page if you click on 'Cached' it will bring up the Google Cache of the page and have the time and date it was last cached.

Off hand I'd say if you count the days from the date of last cache to today, minus the four days, then you'll have an estimate of how long until it has the new summary.

1. gracenotes profile image93
        gracenotesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well!  Pretty amazing.  I checked around 3 PM today, and the change hadn't happened.  Here it is 5 hours later, and I see the change has now been picked up.

So it took 4 days after all.

1. agvulpes profile image88
          agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe that google spider works on how "popular" the publisher has been in the past. When you first publish a Hub it is "Indexed" then when the spider pays another visit it is 'cached' with any of your 'editing'. It will then be revisited again (this can be any time from days to months) depending on how much editing and how 'popular' your Hub has been!
          If this summary is not correct I'm sure that some more enlightened Hubbers will come along and explain more fully cool