jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What do you suggest , write and see trafic or target traffic and write

1. ramkkasturi profile image61
    ramkkasturiposted 6 years ago

There are mainly two ways of starting a hub.The first is,you write because you have a lot to say about something, your heart is in it and you feel it is worth sharing with some others so you write. The second seems to be, you select a topic that is likely to get the most hits and write on it after gathering some information. It appears that many would prefer the first but end up doing the second. What is your opinion and experience?

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I have always written better when I rant. I am not so good at the latter.

3. NaomiR profile image85
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

I try to do a combo of both. I choose topics that I enjoy writing about, but then I try to constuct them so that they actually get traffic. I've tried a few times to write on popular topics that I wasn't as familiar with and my hubs just didn't turn out as well.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Writing is writing.

It depends solely on your intentions for the writing, that which, will determine how it comes out.

If you're attempting to sell a product or do a review of a product, then your experience will have to lead the way.

If you're attempting to convey a message of some sort, then you will have to gather your thoughts and information, and then format a professionally looking hub to display.

No matter which you want to do? Your ability to remain focused while writing the hub is most important. You should be fluent in the language you write in, and that means you should know it like the back of your hand. Grammar is important, because people will not buy a product or listen to advice from someone who cannot spell words. It's a dead ringer for "loser" and chases away your reader.

Should you lose focus, I would suggest putting the work aside, and come back to it again, when focused. Your priority of writing the hub will push your focus so to bend to your control. However, do not force yourself to focus, you'll spend more time thinking about being focused than on the hub you are writing.

Just my thoughts. smile

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Don't see a reason why these two approaches could not be combined smile

Pick your favorite topic, and make a keyword research on it - than write and promote accordingly...

1. Jenna May Swan profile image61
      Jenna May Swanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely!  Though just now and again I quite like to write something completely silly that is solely there to make me smile as I write it!