jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

question about using google analytic

1. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

May someone provide information on using analytic code? I wish to know whether GA A/C ID may be used on Affiliate setting page as GA affiliate code

2. profile image0
    iamtheknowerposted 8 years ago

Yes you can use google analytic id in hubpages . In fact after you use that id , only then , google analytics starts generating reports. smile

1. Lifebydesign profile image73
      Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've missed a step or something. I've signed up but my status is that 'tracking has not been added to website'. Do I need to go thru admin to get my GA ID?

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You need to enter your google analytics id on your affiliate settings page.  It is contained in the javascript tracking code that they give you to place on your website, and will look something like this (your numbers will of course be different):

UA-1234567-1

Once you've entered it correctly it may take a day or two to get your first reports.

1. Lifebydesign profile image73
          Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago in reply to this

thanks lizzie, paul. I'm sure I signed up correctly, now I'm just waiting on the code but the message above is the one I get on the GA site. Give another 24 hrs maybe..?

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Once you add the GA code to your affiliate settings you can use url channels to track individual hub pages

4. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

give it about 24hr - it takes a little while to "take"!

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I don't really understand the original question.  But to Lissie's statement, you can use Google AdSense URL Channels to track your earnings on HubPages whether or not you have Google Analytics configured here or not.  Google analytics will give you a bunch of other data about the traffic to your pages.

working