jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

New app does NOT work with the iPad

1. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I just downloaded and installed the new HubPages app on my iPad.  When I launch the program, I see the HubPages logo name, that fades out and then I get a blank, black screen.  And it just stays like that.

The listing indicates that it is supposed to work with iPads so if that's not true, how it's listed should be changed.

1. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Relache,

It should work with an iPad.  I will be updating this thread once we have figured out what's up.

-Larry

1. thisisoli profile image62
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought the new app was for iPhones, not iPads, doesn't really matter to me personally though as I own neither :p

Hope it gets fixed soon though!

1. larryfreeman profile image84
          larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi thisisoli,

The fix was submitted to Apple on Friday.  We're waiting now for them to approve it.  I'll post here when it's approved.

-Larry

2. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you look at the actual HubPages app page in the AppStore, over on the left-hand side, it says it works with iPhones, iPods and iPads... but the first version didn't actually.

I'm looking forward to the app, and hope that down the road, the team can find a way to bring full HubPages functionality to the iPad experience.

2. larryfreeman profile image84
    larryfreemanposted 6 years ago

Apple just improved our fix for the iPad this evening.

If you install the latest version, the HubPages app should now run fine on the iPad.

Cheers,

-Larry

working