jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Does it help to age a hub

1. 0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 6 years ago

I have some dog hubs that get absolutely no views.  To me they were acutally decent hubs with good word count etc...  Seems to me they were just in a too competitive niche.  Does time help these hubs to start climbing up the serps.  In my limited time at hubpages it seems a hub either makes it or it doesn't.  After a few weeks if the hub doesn't start getting decent serps and views then it is just another dead hub on the 6th page of google never to be found.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You never know when a hub might take off.  I have never deleted a low-performing hub, because sometimes all of a sudden they get a rash of traffic or clicks.  Aging definitely helps.  So do good backlinks (not all at once, spread out over time).  And remember to link related hubs together.

2. LarasMama profile image59
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've seen people say they had completely dead hubs for over a year that suddenly took off and became reasonable earners.

2. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

I would have to say give it time and to keep editing your hubs like updating your words, links, pictures, and tags. I would also have to say to start writing articles linking back to your hubs to give more page rank and by that time you will definitely receive some traffic. I am giving you some tips that I am working on myself, because I am having the same issue but keep at it and give it time. That is all you can do..

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I have 7 hubs presently started - 4 that are almost completed and 3 presently about 1/2 done. The 4 have risen in hubscore constantly and are much higher than the 50 each started with.

I have not found a correlation with aging a hub that is unpublished versus publishing a hub. I would have to say that indexing of GOOGLE is most important and an unpublished hub cannot be indexed by GOOGLE.

So, take from that what you will and for what it's worth. smile

4. 0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 6 years ago

Cagsil of course an unpublished hub means nothing if big G can not see it.  I am talking about big G giving your hub some life after it has beed dead for a while.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it has been dead for a while, then I think you need to redo the hub or at least make it fresher content, so GOOGLE bots/crawlers find something relatively new. wink

5. vaguesan profile image81
    vaguesanposted 6 years ago

If you go back and give your old hubs some love it does help. I did it with the first hub I ever published. It was getting a hit from google every other day. I went back and updated it a little, added a few more tags, changed some wording and setup some backlinks. Now it gets 3 to 5 hits a day from google.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Allow them to age. Tweak them a bit if you can and get backlinks the way Maddie said.

1. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am learning that this works. Going back to the hubs that I have written and polishing them up a bit helps tremendously. Thanks, Maddie. Your comments are helpful.