jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Hubpages and Amazon

1. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

I am from England, and as such I use .co.uk Amazon, not the American version however the affiliate setting page always points to America.

My links are for England, not America.

Is this why I am seeing absolutely no click throughs on Amazon even after nearly 2000 pageviews?

Is there something I did wrong somewhere?

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know for sure, but I think that it doesn't work for Amazon UK. I am from England as well, but I have come to the conclusion that you can only promote from the US site. I might be wrong, someone will probably point it out if I am!

1. waynet profile image47
        waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes it only works for the Amazon.com domain!

2. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys, so my only recourse to fix it is to take out all Amazon links and start replacing them one by one?

And if my only option is to use Amazon in America, won't that affect getting paid?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In short, yes.

3. Hovalis profile image89
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

Yes, the sites are two different entities, even though they are the same company. You won't get paid for adding .co.uk links to the Amazon capsules here. You must join the associates at Amazon.com and link from there. Unless you do there will be no clicks and no pay.

4. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

I am British and I am an Amazon seller and I get paid in either Dollars (cos of the amazon.com) or in vouchers. Vouchers are just as good, as I wanted to spend on stuff in Amazon myself! That Amazon Kindle and some great DVDs were on my list! The amazon.com domain can still work. As long as you dont mind getting paid in Dollars.

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cheeky Girl ! How ya doin ?

1. viking305 profile image89
        viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello I  signed up to Amazon directly from the Hubpage affiliate link.  Does that mean I am ok?  The reason I am asking is that I hav had 7500 views to date on Hubpages and wait for it 11 yes only 11 clicks on Amazon.  No Earnings either.

1. Hovalis profile image89
          Hovalisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Viking, as long as all the Amazon links in your capsules point to products from Amazon.com, then yes, you should be okay. You can't just join up at the US associate site, and then link to UK products. I believe they'll show in your capsules, but you'll get no benefit at all from the link.

Basically, you are selling to Americans for the most part, and anyone internationally who is likely to buy from the US Amazon site. This is, of course, remembering that there are many items which the US site won't ship internationally, like electrical appliances, just as an example.