jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Colour formatting in hub text capsules

1. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

In some cases I've wished I could use some coloured text to emphasize certain phrases or paragraphs.  Even just red and blue HTML tags would be sufficient.  After all you can do that very thing just like I did here, why not in your hubs? 

Please add this feature...I think it would add interest to the hubs, as long as we used it sensibly smile

2. Ohma profile image83
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I agree I would also like to see a little more freedom in the text editor.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

what about different fonts as well?

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

To keep a professional look and quality to hubs, I would have to say no about it.

We have the ability to enhance the words via a bold script. Adding more colors to the mixture would allow for childish behavior to ensue. Or at least the possibility of it. smile

5. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

To paraphrase a favorite quote from my friend, stage magician Jeff McBride, "limitation forces creativity."

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Three simple words but so profound.

6. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Creativity is the key! I agree.

If you wish to highlight a quote within you Hub, create a colorful powerpoint - all the colors are available to you - complete with the background color.  Save as a single slide as a jpg or every slide and simply bring into your hub under the photo capsule.

It gives us a world of unlimited possibilities.

1. timorous profile image92
      timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I've considered that too.  I might just do that. Stay tuned...smile

Thanks everyone.

7. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 6 years ago

In the right hands it would be put to good use.

But 90% of the time it's never in the right hands. Even something as simple as colors and fonts would give the untalented the power to make a hub look like a pool of dogs vomits.