jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Broken Link

1. samiaali profile image60
    samiaaliposted 6 years ago

Hello Hubbers, I am new to Hubpages and am having a technical problem with one of my hubpages. There is a symbol on it which says that there is a "broken link".  There is a note which says that the broken link is highlighted, but I don't see anything highlighted.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1. Ivorwen profile image83
      Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Usually, when there is a broken link, it will be highlighted in yellow, when the hub is opened. 

You can also find out what the link is under 'Broken Links' on your 'my account' page.

samiaaliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for your reply.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Look at the hub, outside of "edit" mode and move the mouse over all the embedded links you have included in your text. Click on them to make sure they are working/going to the right place.

The statistics page has a section that lists broken links. It on the left side, first column.

Once you have been able to identify the broken link and it's location, then edit the hub, go to the text capsule and edit it. Highlight the location and click on "chain-link" button above the text in the capsule. It should drop a small window down, so you can insert the correct link. Make sure it is the correct link. smile

samiaaliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your detailed reply.  I will attempt to do as you say right now!

3. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Broken links can happen while building and testing your hub article. If you have broken links indicated after you publish the article, you can click on 'my account' at the top of any Hubpage.  Select the third item 'Broken Links', near the top left corner of the page. 
    Any suspected broken links will be shown.  You then have the choice to 'ignore' or 'retest'.  If you're sure your links work, retesting usually solves the error.