jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever found a niche and not wanted to write in it?

1. LarasMama profile image62
    LarasMamaposted 6 years ago

Just wondering how many other people have found semi-good niches and not wanted to write for them.

I've found one that I know I can do reasonably well in as well as is easy to write about if I put in the time. But I just don't really want to write about it! Any encouragement?

1. CMHypno profile image89
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's plenty of things that I could write about that would make me more money, but if I'm not interested I just can't bring myself to do the writing.  Insurance --- yuck!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, definitely.  As you know, I write about dance, but occasionally I do write Hubs on other subjects.

It's always the Hubs on other subjects that make the most money!  So if I had any sense, I would pick one of those well-paying topics and develop those, instead.

However, I'm not a prolific writer - in order to churn out a lot of material, I need to be comfortable with the subject.  So I stick to what I enjoy writing.  Of course I'd take a different attitude if I was trying to make my living at this.

3. Wechito profile image62
      Wechitoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Writting about something you don't want to can be a burden, specially when it is not a one time writting.
      If you really think there is plenty of money to be done in that niche, why  don't you outsource the writing?

1. LarasMama profile image62
        LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LoL I have wanted nothing but to write since I was 8 years old - I'd feel silly getting someone else to write for me.

1. travelespresso profile image82
          travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LM I agree with the other comments - writing about something you have NO interest in is a real bore.

I understand that you really love writing and you are doing it. 

However, in this instance, if you believe in the product/service/idea then to outsource that particular part of the writing makes sense to me!  That will give you the money (or extra money) to do more of what you love doing which is a good thing.  It seems a win/win to me!

4. TerryGl profile image61
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have often found similar niches and my method is to put up a quick auto content blog to test the water.

I have found if an auto content blog can make some money or gather interest, then I upgrade the blog to a content site. Auto content blogs can be done in about 15 minutes whereas content blogs can take about half a day.

2. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

I have found that when it comes to niches, the ones that seem to make money do not get much traffic and the ones that get tons of traffic do not pay much, also the high paying keywords like legal, insurance, medical and science are really boring to research and write about, so it is a toss up.

3. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

There are thousands of profitable niches. But i would write about things i know or am comfortable writing even if it would only earn me pennies.

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I mostly look for niches around the topics of my interest.

5. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I think you have to do what is right for you.  One of my niches is not what I particularly want to do, but people find them useful and therefore I write about it - just not all the time.