jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

An effort with keywords

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I finally wrote a hub with, I hope, some reasonable keywords. Gonna make a kajillion $$! lol Did my research on google and picked those that were common as well as those with little usage but high traffic (not many of those).

How about a critique, guys and gals?
    Plus, do really need to put keywords in the "tags" section as well as throughout the hub?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Choosing-and-In … Thermostat

2. wilderness profile image95

Anybody out there?

3. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Its a hub with helpful information and the keywords might get you lucky with a high price click!

Good job locating a hopefully profitable niche, might want to come back here after you get your first click and see how well you do!

~thranax~

4. wilderness profile image95

At this point, I'm more interested in visits, not income.  It could be a good niche, yes, but I was more concerned with making a hub with high traffic to see if I can do it right.

Thanks for the comment.

1. thranax profile image50
      thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would be very interested if that hub got you more then 100-200 visits a month. Of course depending on how much SEO you do to it really factors that number.

If you want raw Traffic instead of money, the best traffic hubs are those about something trendy (a new game or movie) or something newsworthy (new hotel in japan has full automated breakfast cooker for each person). The biggest problem about these are the traffic will drop quickly over time and might not spike up again. Again, most hubs will get NO traffic if no SEO is applied.

~thranax~

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I follow you completely.  What I'm looking for in this particular hub is long term traffic with maybe some income as well.  I haven't done a good job prior to this with keywords and need to learn to use them properly for increasing traffic. 

I'm sure you're right about high traffic in trendy matters, but simply high traffic is not what I wanted;  can I build a hub with proper SEO that will increase otherwise low traffic?  THAT'S the real objective - even the kajillion $$ is secondary at this point (especially as 1 kajillion = roughly 5 cents smile )  Google says some of my keywords are in the 10's of 1000's - just a little piece of that, please.......

5. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Here you go. A few topical statistics about your keyword that might help.

Stats For:      home thermostat         

Cost/Click:     $0.60 - $1.89

Advertisers:     5-10 (-66.67 %)        

Clicks/Day:     0.42 - 0.53

Search Results: 7,280,000

On Google web search in Australia your hub proudly holds position one on page 1.

I hope you do well and would be interested to see how it goes both in traffic and ctr's over time.

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a bunch for the information.  I haven't yet been able to find that on google - I'll have to keep trying. 

And #1 position!  Unbelievable, even if it's only for a day or two.  That's the kind thing I wanted to find out.

2. Mutiny92 profile image87
      Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

TerryGI, what did you use to find that information?  I just looked it up on the Google Keyword tool and came up with similar costs, but different search numbers.

working