jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Auto Play for Videos

1. ALL4JESUS profile image85
    ALL4JESUSposted 6 years ago

I search and search and search for the best music and videos.  I would like to be able to "play" all my videos in one hub.  For photos we can do this already.  Why not link the videos together?  Better yet, it would be fun to allow the videos to stream while reading.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's well known that it's a bad idea to have videos or music that auto-plays when someone arrives at a web page.  Most visitors dislike it and, like Thranax, will click away immediately.  People prefer to choose.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If someone wants to stream the video, then they can start the video on their own. There is no need to have automatic play of the video, because that is taking the choice out of the readers/viewers hands.

You want your hubs to be reader/viewer friendly, right?

Well, a good enough reason is to let them start the video.

Just my thoughts on it. HubPages Staff is the ultimate authority.

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

It is better to just suggest they play the video for music or talk etc while reading, but let them ultimately make that choice. I landed on pages with bad music and left right away, I didn't care if I needed the information or not..I looked else ware.

4. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I too like the user controls.

What about a user option as we do in photos where we "opt" to play all the videos together?

5. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Whenever I get to a page that has music automatically playing I leave that page. If I go to a page to read, I don't want to wait for a video or music player to load. So...it is exit time.

6. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

My connection is so slow, if anything like that is on a web page I visit I leave straight away......