jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Help with Amazon and Google Anlytics

1. Aiden Roberts profile image87
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

Hi have I got this right?

If I add Amazon in a hub and use the tool which let's Amazon pick the products, it will be picked up by my affiliate settings? If this is the case what happens when I pick a product manually and it asks for the ISBN, how does this track it was me?

Secondly Google Anyltics asks me to copy and paste html, where do I paste it? Is it any capsule or somewhere else?

Hope these questions make sense.

1. Lamme profile image89
      Lammeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to go to "My Account" and under the tab for Affiliate Settings you can add you codes.  That way your affiliate/google accounts will be credited.

Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great I have done that with Amazon and Google so should be ok.
        Any idea what I do with Google Analytics?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In answer to your first question about the ISBN number - it just does!  The more experienced hubbers around here actually recommend that you pick specific Amazon products, either via their ISBN or ASIN numbers, rather than just letting Amazon pick the products for you.

For your second question: if you're asking how to get your Google Analytics account to "talk" to your HubPages one, there's no need to paste any HTML anywhere.  You just go to your My Account page when you log into Hub Pages, click on Affiliate Settings, and paste your Analytics ID into the relevant box (it should be of format "UA-********-*", only without the quote marks, naturally).

Great thanks that is what I was looking for, as I have a number of hubs all end in different digits, do I just put say "UA-xxxxxxx-1 in and it will pick up the rest?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
          EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should have added your profile page to Analytics (which would have the URL http://hubpages.com/profile/blob, where "blob" is your user name).  Anything published under that profile would automatically come under that umbrella and therefore have the same code. 

For goodness sake don't add each individual hub's URL to Analytics as a separate entity - you're completely defeating the object of using Analytics as it will be a lot harder to compare the traffic from hub to hub.

Phew! Thanks I nearly did that.

working