jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Is it bad for your Hubscore to fall below 75?

1. Abwaan profile image77
    Abwaanposted 6 years ago

Is it bad for your Hubscore to fall below 75? Does it affect the traffic or the general wellbeing of your Hubs?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

First off, you are only 2 weeks old and your hubs need more maturing than that.

Your authorscore has to be 75 or better, so as to make the links dofollow and not nofollow. This is related to SEO techniques.

Your hubscore must be above 40 as well as your authorscore above 75, so as to maintain dofollow links.

I'm pretty sure your traffic will be effected in some manner, but I do not know the major extent of SEO techniques, so I really do not have an answer for that question.

Abwaanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What do you mea n"First off, you are only 2 weeks old and your hubs need more maturing than that."?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It takes GOOGLE time to get your hubs indexed. The longer(older) the hubs, the better they do within the search engines.

Oh! I see!

2. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like Cagsil says, You might get a ranking at the beginning and then the rank drops. Then...move back up the Google page. New Hubs do this often in a lot of cases. And Author score moves up and down all the time it seems. You will get used to that. Your author score looks OK for 2 weeks. Just keep writing and you will see the score go up.

And...Welcome to Hubpages!!!

Well, how long does it take to reach authorscore of like 90?

1. Michael Willis profile image78
            Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It differs per person. You have several hubs already. Keep posting hubs. Hot topics and Keywords are important also. There are several Hubbers here that have great info to help you.
            Look at hubs like Darkside, Sunforged, Misha for instance. And so many others I have not named. I know Darkside has great Hubs on how to get started on Hubpages. I learned a lot from his hubs when I first started.

And over time I kept reading Hubs from those with high author scores and pick up some ideas how to improve my score.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
            Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It varies greatly.
            On the other hand, author score doesn't mean much in relation to earnings. If you keep participating, learning and writing good content hubs it will go up.

ok.

3. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Yes definitely the longer you are on HP the higher your authorscore, the highest mine has been so far is 95..Ive seen others go up the longer they are here, like H.C porters has been here 8 months and hers went up to 98 at one point

Thanks.

1. whooops profile image74
        whooopsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know how you feel.
        I've been here on and off for two months and I still have a lot to learn.
        Welcome and may you thrive in Hubpages.

Thank you very much

working