jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Are you able to remove a comment you have made after the five minutes?

1. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I've made the crasset comment on someones hub.  I didn't read that they were blind and said that I liked the hub but thought it needed some pictures for visual learners.  When I looked back hours later, I am utterly mortified and have posted an apology, However, I would rather both comments were removed.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You could contact the author and ask him/her to remove it if you like. The author may leave it up and add pic for the readers, It may end up helping the person with traffic to the Hub.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is called, learn from mistakes. If you feel bad about the comment....the question is "Why?"

I guess it might actually be beneficial for the person to leave the comment in place, because it adds content to the page. If you are feeling bad about it, then I would suggest to leave it alone and move on.

I had someone post a comment to one of my hubs, but was talking to someone else in my comments section. It was apparently a misunderstanding, but I have left the comment.

If you cannot rectify the problem with the author or the author refuses to remove your comments, then what will you do? You will be forced into accepting the fact that your comments are placed there and next time, you'll be more careful about the words you select.

With that said- I guess there is a lesson to be learned. hmm

1. 0
        Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I will definitely be more careful in the future.  I am mortified because it was so crass of me and I wouldn't set out to hurt anyone in that way. Hopefully she will think I am a stupid b...ch and enjoy my humiliation.

3. Abwaan profile image73
      Abwaanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry man, you will be ok...

2. 4x4 profile image79
    4x4posted 6 years ago

Yes, like an Oops Button. That would be great.
    But sadly I don't think we have that just yet.
    The only thing you can delete are comments you made on your own hubs.
    And like what the others have said, the ones you left on others hubs, only the owner of those hubs can "delete" them for you.
    And yes we can also delete/edit our replies to these forums.

3. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

If the hub is written in visible language, it clearly intended to have readers who can see amongst it's target audience.  I don't think suggesting pictures would be taken as an insult.  The author might think that's a great idea and enlist some help from friends or something.