jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you determine...

1. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

How do you determine the value of your writing?  And whether or not to publish in an online community like HP - I mean...writing is meant to be shared but from the standpoint of wanting to (eventually) earn a living from writing, how much should I publish online? 

What I'm trying to decide is this:  Would I be better off working on writing stories or continuing to focus my writing energies on HubPages?  (HP gets 75% of my writing energy & my book gets most of the rest)

I'm not interested in learning SEO, marketing, or any of that stuff - I accept I'm not a salesperson. smile  My original purpose in joining HP was to gain experience with writing, exposure and practice with different modes of writing.  I also saw HubPages as a good place to refer prospects to check out my writing style. 

I'm not thinking of leaving, just about rearranging my priorities.  Any thoughts?   
    Thanks. smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You could particpate in the manuscript critique circle and other author promotion programs established by Fiction Factory and myself here on HubPages. HubPages is a great place to develop your writing, and the community of serious aspiring authors is growing stronger every day.

Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Where do I find this information - on your profiles?  I'm going to check right now. smile

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Fiction Factory has a couple of hubs about the manuscript circle, and I am pretty much working to help authors full-time these days. Thanks for asking.

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I do almost no back linking, marketing, SEO research or the like, and I was just a handful of dollars short of $600 in my earnings last month.  Really strong Hub writing can pay off.

Can you get your Hubs to the point where they afford you more time to work on your other writing?  Or if you buckle down and write your novel, will that then make you enough money that you can afford to then play with your Hubs more?

Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm understanding my hubs wont make me much money for quite some time...because they aren't 'sales' oriented, rather more creative writing type.  It isn't the earning potential I'm thinking about, it's the value behind what I'm writing (as in threat of being copied and/or plagiarized).