jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Nice to see some Google love....

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I have published 14 hubs this month, 2 are already getting some serious organic traffic. It is really good to see, I felt for a while as if Hubpages had lost a bit of authority... I guess that had lost a bit of form when it came to Keyword selection... One is getting almost 100 page views per day from search engines already... Normally that means I am course for a winner.

I recently went through my 50 busiest hubs and about half of my other hubs and inserted an RSS feed which presented my 'Latest Hub', that really seems to have worked for me. I can now get 100 - 200 internal page views within the first 24 hours of publication, before you know it somebody has 'shared' or 'backlinked' and the hub is already well on its way. I am working now on stretching that out to every single hub, I want all 12000/15000 of my daily visitors to see my 'latest hub', I see that as a way of gaining a few nice early effortless backlinks from those diggers, tweeters, stumblers, facebookers, etc.

One happy bunny here...

1. 0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good job Ryan! I have a query about the RSS.
      How do I pull my hubs into an RSS without having to put it into my private domain or blog? Just the link?

1. 0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just select 'insert RSS' and the replace my name with your usernanme into one of the following URLs....

That will bring up your best/latest/hot hubs in an RSS feed. I am generally just choosing to show my 1 latest hub. Occassionally, if the hub is very light, I shove a couple of my best hubs in another RSS.... especially if there is nothing better to link to. Generally though I just use an RSS to present my latest hub, insert a news capsule with a relevant keyword (normally 2 stories), and use the link box to try and drive traffic to relevant hubs in my portfolio.

1. 0
          Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

muchas gracias, migo smile

2. emievil profile image86
          emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's great to hear. I went back to my traffic sources and it seems for the last 30 days, traffic from google is above even HP.

And Ryan, thanks for the tips on the RSS. I just tried it in one of my hubs and my RSS is there now smile

3. travelespresso profile image81
          travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your suggestion Ryan.  I've tried this on a couple of my hubs and I've also seen an upsurge in traffic.  Nothing like your traffic though!

If you insert the latest RSS feed, is there anyway to stop the hub you are inserting it on being on the list?  Obviously that's when I use "latest" RSS feed.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Good for you Ryan!
    Glad things are getting back on track for you.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I feel like I am getting back on form, I really need to, stagnated a bit over the past couple of months!

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Good work Ryankett. It's always nice when I see a lot more google hits than hubpages. I love getting juice from fellow hubbers, but it sure helps to get a high percentage of googliness!

4. DonnaWallace profile image89
    DonnaWallaceposted 6 years ago

Great advice! Thank you for the tip on the RSS feed. I had no idea.