jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Will I earn tracker referral impressions for 120 minutes w/ HubKarma?

1. 0
    eternaltreasuresposted 6 years ago

The Hubkarma is used to link to other Hubbers' hub. My question is: Do I benefit from the REFERRAL PROGRAM OF HUBPAGES?
    3. The Traffic Referrals is guaranteed to be yours for 120 minutes.

If someone clicks on your link to a specific Hub, you are entitled to the traffic referral impressions for 120 minutes. We set this limit because there may be multiple Hubbers referring people to a particular Hub. No other tracker can replace yours during that 120 minute period. This is called the ‘first dibs’ rule.

Do I have to edit my hub and insert my tracker everytime Hubkarma puts a link?

If using Hubkarma AUTOMATICALLY puts your tracker code and AUTOMATICALLY earn referral impressions for 120 minutes, then this feature is excellent?

I need your opinions. Pls. correct me if in error. Thanks in advance.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Referral links are links used to link from outside HubPages to a Hub (either yours or someone else's).

HubKarma are a measure of internal links, from your Hubs to either other Hubs of yours or to other people's Hubs or Topics pages.

So, they are really two different things with very little overlap.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always add my referral tracker to links in my hubs to other hubs just in case, am I wasting my time doing this then?

I have a hubkarma of like 63 and I have yet to use the referral links tool, I enjoy linking to hubs that I have read and highly recommend. I am less comfortable linking to hubs I have not read as I cannot say with confidence that this or that hub is top notch quality and well worth the time to read. Thing is that in my life I am the only person who really just loves reading, everyone I know is a lazy reader and wont appreciate being advised that this read is great and it proves to be confusing and not very informative. I am beginning to believe that people like us (people who will read absolute crap, assuming nothing else is on hand) are in the small minority.

1. 0
          eternaltreasuresposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good insight. -thanx