jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Does a hub rank higher than a blog?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Allow me to explain what I mean by this. Hubpages is a popular and high ranking article site,,,,, on the front page. However it then gets split into many different categories and subjects, hundreds of them.

Let's say you make a hub about pink bubblegum. You put that hub in the right category, then add 10 high backlinks to it. The hub itself immediately does not rank too high by itself.

But lets say you have a blog that is all about pink bubblegum. Instead of making a hub you make a blog post, same text and add the same 10 backlinks.

That article should rank very well immediately because it's on a site that already ranks high for pink bubblegum.

Sooooo, would you still get more traffic from a hub because hubpages ranks high overall, or would you get more traffic from your blog post because the whole site is about what your post is?

2. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

If it's an already established blog then it depends on how many links that hub already has coming in and how high it is rated by google. If it is a new blog and just has those 10 links then you will do better with the hub.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I don't really care which ranks higher. My goal for certain keywords is to own at least 6 of the top 10 spots in google. Since google only lets two pages from any site into the actual listing for any search, I have to have at least 2 Hubs and 2 other sites rank highly.

Sometimes I have the hubs come out on top and sometimes I have the blogs or websites on top. I don't think it's possible to fine tune rankings that well.

For keyword rankings that I check daily or several times a day, they change constantly these days.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, maybe I did not explain myself right. What I mean is, is it easier to own those keywords as you say with a hub, or with your own blog articles if you have a blog that deals with that subject your writing about?

2. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wow, you really try to dominate the search results don't you? I usually go for just one page, and then another few for  very slightly different search terms, even if that just means adding an s on the end or a the at the beginning.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hehe yeah, trying to get 6 on the first page is really something, you really know what your doing Nelle. I've only been about to do that once, and only for a few months.

BTW thanks for your advice Kephrira. smile

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

If you did it once, you know how to do it too!

working