jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Baking With Flour And Yeast Is A Winner, Not Really.

1. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 6 years ago

Well.. how do I say this..hmmm, I opened an email from Jason, one of the big and tall CEO's, I would believe.. from the hubpages.com top brass section.  I began reading and to my surprise I was reading a notice informing me I had won a drawing and my prize was fifty dollars.

Well..thank you, Jason. smile

However, I don't feel like a hubpage winner at all.. I do enjoy writing and respect the other hubber's stories I read, I leave comments to the ones I enjoy and try to keep up with the new posts.. but fall off the ladder and realize its not possible to do that because there's so many. Oh..well I'll try harder I think to myself.

One things for sure since I've been a member on hubpages. This can be a wild and crazy place on the internet and not all people here are friendly.

But, I want to look past that right now because I also know of many kind, respectful, honest, friendly and last but not least... Super, Rockin, King of all Kings, Gold card, A+++, Detailed and deep, On top of their game.. WORLD CLASS writers!!

If you don't mind I wish to give my thanks to some of these people..I'm sure I couldn't name them all because there's so many but here are a few:

TimeHealsAll: you were with me from day one, God Bless You!

DoNotFear: if I ever had a sister, I'ed want her to be like you. From the very first email you sent me to the last phone call..you have been like my rock! God bless.

Nellieanna: Whenever I read your work the smiles just continue to gleam from the corners of my lips. Thank you and God Bless.

Patty Inglish, MS: What can I say, A True Teacher and a very powerful writer! God Bless.

Mythbuster: Girl.. you got it going on! At this time I would like to inform you and the hubpages staff..that I wish for my prize money to go directly to Mythbuster.

If I need to sign-off on the contract agreement in order to make that wish possible, then would someone please send me an email. I have my reasons why I would like this to happen for Mythbuster.

Habee: I'll never forget how much you make me laugh.. top notch funny and yet, your very sober when you want to be. Another class act writer!

Pamela99: With me from the word go and not shy about commenting on the hard to touch hubs I wrote thus far. Another detailed deep thinking and wonderful writer!

MikeLickteig:  Thumbs up my man! You say what you MEAN and you MEAN what you say!!  Nothing can top your "keeping it real" style-- Thank you!

FastFreta: A Gem! A diamond in the rough! If I were to grade you as such..I'ed say you are a VS-1 my sweet hubber friend!

BKCreative:  One hot writer who finds the perfect word every time. And timing really is everything. Your clock keeps such good time..never slow..never too fast. Perfect!

VioletSun: The name fits the writer to a tee. And I don't mean a golf tee. Whenever Violet writes its like the clouds parted in the sky and let the Sun shine in! God Bless!

My fingers are starting to tire and I know there's so many more:

Feline Prophet

The list is just too long.

Many of you have been with me through thick and thin here on the hubpages.com website, your unwavering and stedfast readership has been so very noted by me every step of the way. Sometimes I think I forget to say thank you enough and I'm sure I'm missing someone right now.

Thank you all for the talent..the work.. the sharp ideas, the PERSONAL stories you share about your Mother's, Father's, brother's, Sister's, Children, and friends. Did I miss someone? Oh Yea.. Aunts and Uncles too.

I'm amazed at the wealth of information these hubpages writers provide us with everyday and for that too I'm grateful.

Thank You!

Please someone email me with instructions so I may sign off on the prize money as I wish it to go to Mythbuster.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Very Very Nice Susan!

susanlangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ohma: Thank you..and I know I need to get on over to your hubs as soon as possible.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Cool! cool

4. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

I think you need to email team@hubpages.com or email Jason directly.

rmcrayne: thank you for that information, I'll do that as soon as possible.

5. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

You are a very classy lady, Susan!  Kudos to you!

Randy:  Thank you, then I better get rid of the Cast Iron stove and bring my kitchen up to date...right? smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily, Susan!  My mom is well known as one of the best old time southern cooks in the area and she depends on cast iron cookware for her many different dishes.  Good food doesn't know how it got that way, it's just good!  So, your cook stove has a class of its own!

Randy: I guess you may have a point there smile  and I would love to sit down at your moms table!  smile

6. Mike Lickteig profile image91
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

Beautiful thoughts, Susan, and I thank you for your gracious comments about me and the other wonderful writers you mention.  You will always be a winner in my book.

Mike:  Awww...there you go again, telling it like it is.
      Saying what you "mean"  and "meaning" what you say!

Your always a "Top Notch" writer in my book too! smile

7. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 6 years ago

Wow, thank you, Susan! Thanks for the mention.

I didn't get to this thread - or over to read the hub 'til after midnight (technically Tuesday) but the hub is great - congrats...and I am soooooo hungry now. It's darned late to start making bread, too.

I sent you a message, Susan - and maybe you'll keep the award and send me the "secret" end of your recipe - and that would be fine with me!!

mythbuster: lol  the secret to the end of the bread recipe is another bread story I might write about just for you my friend! smile 

I 'm going to open my emails in about a half hour.... smile

Thank you, Mythbuster, but I insist you except the award. It's my wish that you do, so please, make my wish come true! smile wink

8. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Hey - congratulations, Susan.   smile

Lisa:  hey- thank you..hope your doing well!  smile

9. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Hey thanks for the nice mention Susan smile
    I am so pleased you won that $50 - it couldn't have gone to a nicer person. You have been through a lot in your life, so its nice to see you get some good news for a change smile

Izzy:  I'm sure I didn't say enough about you. smile  So I hope you know your so nice I just can't think of anything to say smile  Thank you!