jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Rate or Slate

1. dave1973 profile image58
    dave1973posted 6 years ago

Hi all I have just completed my second hub and would really appreciate it if you could give me feedback on both, I am pretty new to writing articles so any advice you could give me would be great, thanks for looking Dave.

http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-save-mon … ic-flights

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Hi Dave smile welcome to HubPages. I read the one about website businesses and found it very informative. All you have to really do is keep in mind,  the 5 W's, why, what, where, etc. Also, careful with images as they may be copyrighted. Try to keep your paragraphs to minimum of 8 lines long so audience don't go cross eyed. smile evrything looks good. Great job! you are off to a excellent start and making good contributions.

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Dame above however I would like to add few points that I came across.

1. First thing that I noticed was the use of proper grammar. For example I see "I" written in small letters while after the use of comma use have used capital letters. I am telling you this because to be taken seriously you have to write in proper English.

2. Avoid giving so many third party links on your Hub. This may not be favored by both Hubpages and search engines

Take care!

2. dave1973 profile image58
      dave1973posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dame Scribe,packerpack  thanks for the tips they are some good points their I wink will have to take more care when proof reading, I must admit I did rushed those hubs.

As for too many links in the hub 100% Free Website Businesses I feel that their was little point writing it unless I showed people where to find a free business opportunity I still know of more links/sites that I could add,maybe i will do a part two big_smile.  I suppose I could take the links out and just leave the website names their, that is something i will have to think about I was just trying to make it more convenient for the reader, anyway thank you for your time and advice which I will certainly put into practice Dave .

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

There is nothing wrong with adding external links if they are related to the topic and not more than 2 to the same domain. smile Writing should have a touch of personality and draw the audience in. I think you're doing a great job, Dave.