jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are directory links worth the time?

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I have a huge list of directories I got from someone. Page ranks of 3 to 5 most of them. You can get one way links in them.

I put one of my blogs in about 50 of them months ago. I have not seen a single change in my ranking. I also have never gotten a single hit from them.

So with thousands of directories out there I assume they are worthless. I think the SE's don't give them any weight at since they are all just big link farms. Anyone agree with me?

1. rb77 profile image83
      rb77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You didn't mention what type of directories you used. Misha is right, to have any impact it's a volume game. The other question is, when is the last time you, or I, looked for something in a directory? Probably never. Also, these sites can be deindexed, they don't approve you link or they just fade away.

So, is it worth it? Yes, if you find a service that saves you time and is within your budget.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

You need to submit to hundreds if not thousands of them to see the results. I used to use the automated submitter, nowadays I use a paid service. smile

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Ahhhh I see. Even with a paid service it sounds like it would be more worth it to just do other ways of linking. Thanks for sharing. smile

4. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 6 years ago

I used to do directories years back when the fad hit, but I haven't touched them since.