jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Stats box & personal views.

1. LarasMama profile image60
    LarasMamaposted 6 years ago

These ideas have probably been bought up before but here goes anywa:

1. Bring up the "Metrics" part of the stats window automatically without the "Not enough data has been gathered message." This way people can see their word count and also see their short url without having to scroll down etc.
    2. Either block personal views of hubs, make it possible to see the stats on a hub without causing a page view or put some kind of message that lets new users know that their own views count towards total views. I've seen lots of new users excited over a few views when in reality half of them were probably their own.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Re: question 1: What are you viewing a Hub on that you have to do any scrolling down when viewing Hub metrics?

Re: question 2: If you want to see page views without your own, you use Google Analytics.

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry relache, let me clarify. That is meant to be in two parts.
      To view word count without gathering information would be nice (I know some people write first in a word program but I don't usually), and...
      To grab the quick link without having to scoll down to "Share" at the bottom or if you forgot to click "Tell the world about your new hub" after first publication.
      And with Q2, I use google analytics, however some new members do not plus I often want to just check whether a new hub has been getting any google love, without the process of logging into analytics, finding the page etc.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

My hubs show me a word count when I check stats even if they are unpublished.  And the tiny URL is right there too under that same Metrics tab.

4. englightenedsoul profile image61
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

larasmama Relache is right, unpublished hubs shows word count too but yes it takes time.  So when the statistics are updated you will see the word count.  So if you have a hub unpublish and see your your own views in the stats, the word count is updated too!!

5. LaMamaLoli profile image72
    LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago

I may be wrong, but in terms of the word count, I think you misunderstood. I think Larasmama does what I do, which is write the hub in the text box. The text box doesn't have a word count, so you have to close the text box save it unpublished and then click the stats button to check how many words you have written. It would be useful to have the word count in the text box, is what i think larasmama meant, but if she didn't, I think it would be a good idea anyway!

6. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Write your article in Microsoft Word...tells you word count...copy paste off your machine to hub...hit "share to twitter" which normally gives the short url all the time.

I guess the twitter thing doesn't work, no matter you dont need the short hub url right away anyway!

1. LaMamaLoli profile image72
      LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would love to, but the only computer I have access to is a mac, which doesn't have any microsoft office on it, and no equivalent. I know most people love their macs but I would quite happily hurl mine out of the window if I had the money to replace it with what I consider a "normal" computer! lol sorry about the rant - u hit a nerve!