jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

are you bored?

1. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Attitude
    Boredom is a state of mind. If I choose to be bored that is my fault. I choose not to be bored by seeking activities that I enjoy or finding ways to make tedious tasks enjoyable.
    You get out of life what you put into it.

1. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree. big_smile

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/S9MdB-3qsdI/AAAAAAAAAL4/vfgqICR4IQs/s400/80460462.jpg

In truth, anhedonia sucks. If you have persistent feelings of being underjoyed you may want to re-evaluate what's going on.

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

youth

1. jerseys09 profile image60
      jerseys09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. Ohma profile image79
        Ohmaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do

Deleted

1. Ohma profile image79
            Ohmaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry I think you misunderstood "I choose not to be bored"

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I have many things to occupy my mind and hands. Not enough time to  bother with bored.

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

"Boredom flourishes when you feel safe. It's a symptom of security."

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Boredom is a state of mind. It happens when no exciting or thing of interest occurs, while a person is idle.

Can one be bored at work? The work is so routine, their mind is idle, therefore, they become bored. This only happens when the person has no interest for what they do.

Boredom is caused by a lack of interest.

Deleted

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wrong. It is your choice. wink

2. Chaotic Chica profile image83
      Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

I don't think I can really answer this question as I cannot recall the last time I was really, truly bored.  There are five kids in my house (from 4 to 15), my husband & I run our own business where there is never an end to the work to be done, the house always could use some sprucing up (I can't stand absolute repetition so I change things around once or twice a year-or more), and there's usually some activity or event I want to go to or have the kids see.  Before the kids, I was young, irresponsible, and hell-bent on living! I'd ALWAYS find something to do. And if all I wanted to do was sit and read, well then I wasn't bored as that is what I chose to do. High school I was too involved to get bored so I guess sometime in middle school was the last time I was really bored.

I guess what I am saying is that I agree with most everyone here-you are what makes life boring. wink  Sorry if that bursts your bubble!

3. profile image0
      MyMoneyTalksposted 7 years ago

You are usually bored if you have nothing to say, I at the moment really want to finish writing a hub but my housemates have arrved hom and I find I spend a lot of time engaging in small talk

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am never bored, unless I am on a meeting and cannot escape. Then I look at people around and secretly in my mind invent all kind of personal secrets they might have, like personal stories, purely fictional and not bored anymore!

4. Pcunix profile image87
      Pcunixposted 7 years ago

Bored?

How can anyone with an internet connection ever be bored?  There is so much to read and learn, I could spend lifetime after lifetime and never be bored!

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You've realized then how many romance novels are NOT going to be written just because we have so much stuff to do on Internet?!!!

working