jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

New Bookmarking Site By Me For You

1. howtoguru profile image88
    howtoguruposted 6 years ago

For the last couple of weeks, I have been busy learning a little bit of programming with one simple intention:  create a new bookmarking site that hubpages users can link their hubs and blogs on without their submissions getting lost in the vast number of submissions on other social bookmarking sites.

My site is called seekyt.com  and is pronounced seek-it.

Not only is it a bookmarking site, but it's an AdSense revenue sharing site (50%).  That's not a new concept, but it's not entirely typical of bookmarking sites either.

I know it's not the prettiest thing ever, since I'm not much of designer, but - it is designed to have SEO friendly links with your submissions, keep spammers away, and it has a community function with which to add friends, send messages, etc.

In the coming weeks, I want to add automatic thumbnail snapshots of the links you submit, a "status wall" to the profiles (kinda like facebook) and maybe some other features. I will also create a custom site banner and logo to use as well to help brand it as a unique site.

I am literally just rolling this out today, and the first person to use this site will see there is only one submission so far, and it is my submission of a hubpages article. 

There are some other features, such as a link under each submission that reads "add to" that allows you to submit your submissions to other social bookmarking sites easily.

I have tried to streamline the whole process as much as possible, to make the site as valuable to you as possible with the resources I have.

I hope you like it and sign up to use it!  I guarantee, since the site is brand new, that every submission (unless you spam me or post illegal content!) will make it to the front page within a few hours.

2. howtoguru profile image88

Also, if anyone has some suggestions, whether site design, marketing suggestions, etc., I'd really appreciate them.

3. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 6 years ago

Will definitly check this out! Sounds cool!

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I liked your plans about the site. And I am sure you will add the features you mentioned very soon, because it is always a good idea to complete the site from every angle and add all the attractive features you want to add before launching it.

Also advertise it as much as you can when you add the above mentioned features. Best of luck for the site!!! smile

1. Slainia profile image59
      Slainiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have an account. This sounds kind of fun. smile

5. flounderingsahm profile image75
    flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago

Thanks.  I've added a couple of my hubs to it!

6. howtoguru profile image88

Thanks everybody. 

I wish I could have added the features before launch, Ultimate Hubber, but they are very expensive and it might take some time before I can afford them.  But the site, in my opinion, is good enough to use as is.

Thanks for showing some interest and joining Flounderingsahm.  Your posts are now on the front page!

I hope that this site will get popular enough to get a lot of users and have a great community.  This is the first time I have ever built a site that wasn't a cheesy HTML thing, and I'm happy with it.

The more popular it gets, the better it will be for the members and the site as a whole.  Thanks for all of your appreciation, and I'm glad you think it's cool!