30 Day - 150 Backlink Challenge

1. KeithTax profile image80
    KeithTaxposted 6 years ago

You have heard of the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge. You know that writing a hub is only the beginning. You do know that? Don't you?

Backlinks bring organic search engine traffic. Lots of good, high Page Rank(PR), links bring lots of traffic. Search engine traffic is more likely to buy products from your Amazon capsules and from ads placed on your hub. Therefore, I propose a 30 Day - 150 Backlink Challenge.

But there are rules.

Backlinks are worthless if done wrong. Also, for the terms of this challenge, the backlinks must be manually placed and one-way. I explain these terms below.

Here are the rules:

1.) Backlinks must come from PR5 or higher blogs or websites. You want link juice and high PR pages have juice to give.

There are several ways to get a blog's or website's PR. I use Google's toolbar. You can manually check PR here.

2.) For this challenge, all backlinks will point to one hub only. The goal is to generate 150, 5 per day, high quality backlinks to one hub for maximum SERP.

3.) Only one keyword will be used for this challenge. We want 150 solid backlinks with one anchor text so you move up the Google ladder.

The keyword you use must be 3 or more words long, in other words, a long tail keyword. It is easier to move up in rank on Google using long tail keywords that are well researched.

You must use Google's Keyword Tool to determine a long tail keyword with no fewer than 20,000 exact matches per month; 50,000+ is preferable.

4.) You can use a purchased list of high PR sites from places like Angela's Easy Backlink Builder. For this challenge only, no automated backlinking services. The goal is to learn backlinking in the trenches. This will give you an advantage if and when you want to buy backlinks or use automated backlinking software.

5.) Finding PR5 and higher blogs and websites takes work. Use Google to research. Feel free to share your backlinks ideas as long as they are yours to share. Do not disclose purchased lists backlinks. This is unfair to those providing the service and we are an honorable bunch. Right?

6.) The goal is to acquire a steady flow of backlinks. Five new backlinks a day. Depending on time available, this can be a busy day for you.

7.) Backlinks must be one way. No trading links; I scatch your back, you scratch mine.

Hint: High PR blogs and sites can be found in news, sports and .edu areas. This means newspapers are good. Some newpapers have blogs you can set up. Also good. (As long as they are a PR5+ site.)

Finally, if there is an interest in this idea, I will write a hub and moderate comments for sharing backlink sources. Let me know. I'll also share backlinks if asked to write a hub.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Keith, affiliate links on the forums is a boooooo...

Also, I would argue against using the same anchor text for all of them, it is not natural. smile

3. lender3212000 profile image84
    lender3212000posted 6 years ago

Agreed, if you build a bunch of backlinks with the exact same anchor text; you will be on a collision course with an automated ranking penalty. For any new writers who may be reading this post, this is not good advice at all and I would advise that you do as Misha suggests and focus on a natural link profile. Google looks down on those who attempt to game the system and is getting better and better at catching it and sending those suspected of doing it to a virtual SEO garbage can.