jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

First Hub

1. 61
    Cherie Bposted 6 years ago

I just joined HP and published my first hub. I'm really uncertain how to work things here. Can someone take  a look at my hub and give me some input? Thanks!

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Cherie.

Just to let you know you can post links here in the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum, so others can just click on the link.

3. 61

Thank you, Cagsil. I'm very new to the online thing and just learning my way around.

4. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

No problem Cherie. You're welcome.

I have reviewed your hub and have a couple of suggestions.

(a) the keywords/tags on the side of your hub, there are only two. I know you only need two to get the hub made, but it would be better to add more. The average hub should have about 9-15 keywords/tags.

(b) The section where Crate training is can be broken into two separate text capsules.

(c) The picture of the dog at the top should be moved down next to your second text capsule or up above your first text capsule. The reason for this is because the prime real-estate for Adsense ads is next to the first text capsule.

(d) Check over your spelling, by re-reading your hub. There are a one or two mis-spelled words.

Otherwise, it seems to be a good topic.

If you get a chance...Frogdropping and Darkside put together some great hubs to read, about making hubs.

Those hubs will give you a better idea of what to do. smile

1. katiem2 profile image59
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I noted the hoplink in your hub is broken or incorrect, check that again.  There's a lot to learn I know but you'll get there.  Thanks and Peace smile

5. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Hi Cherie B,
    Welcome to hubpages! 

I read your hub carefully, I am a relative newcomer myself.  But I did notice a few things.

First, your hub was well written.  Interesting, some humor, you have that knack of writing so that the reader feels there is a conversation.  Good work.  I would enjoy reading more of your articles.   

Some good photos would be good to add.   If you have some of your own, that would be great, if you don't, carefully check the photos for licensing requirements.   A good place to start is morguefiles.  They have lots of photos that you can use without obligation.  The one photo you have is good but could use some more.

I am a believer in placement of ads.  I would move some of your amazon ads top right.  Good job on selecting products that relate to your story.

Here is a suggestion:  clean up the spelling errors and typos.  Most of what I saw would be caught with a spell checker.  Here are the first ones I found, and saw several others. 

writge, agfreement, suree, and /walking, what kindof dog, are ingterested in, apartment withlimited, don'tg make, . Rescuing, good with childeren

All in all a great start.  I would read again.

6. joaniemb profile image60
    joaniembposted 6 years ago

Good article, just need to proof read for spelling errors.

Interesting and you share some great points.

Welcome to HP, keep writing.

7. 61

I thank you all so much.  I appreciate your input  appreciate all your responses. 

this was a first and I  am so excited. 

thank you all again

8. Aiden Roberts profile image86
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

No point in me repeating the good advice you have been given so well done and welcome to hubpages.