jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Small print option?

1. blue parrot profile image61
    blue parrotposted 6 years ago

Wouldn't it be nice to have small print for the credits and references?

I notice that most people have very few pictures, and I thought that maybe good pictures might make the ads less visible and are therefore not desirable, but if I would like to put in pictures anyway, I have to list the credits, and that adds too much of a tail to a hub.

I also know that readers check a reference once in a 100 years approximately, and so that information could ne be printed really small.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Have you considered adding the credits and references in the caption slot?  That uses small print...

1. blue parrot profile image61
      blue parrotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The credits are often long and not pretty: the type of license given is longish and sounds highly technical and then comes the location of the license, an internet address. And unless I am mistaken, HubPages does not allow tinyurl addresses all over the place.

3. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I sometimes do both - give credit in the capsule and also at the end of the Hub.  I prefer to give as much credit as possible as I am very appreciative of people's hard work.

Often I create another capsule and entitled a section "In appeciation" or "references and citations"  Within here I prefer to add a link directly.

I gree with Blue Parrot the full size text detracts from the subject.  Additionally, I always try to give the FTC Disclosure - IF I had a smaller font or a separate capsule designed just for the by the way I would most certainly use it on a regular basis.