jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Very Strange Google finds.

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I just did a google search of my username, and came up with some very stramnge websites that have my username in their search. Websites that I know I had nothing to do with.

Something about Gaymillionairs club, and then the subject of the link has nothing to do with the title. Also, something to do with someones wedding aniversary, and travel for singles.

I also noticed some links with foreign writing. I'm wondering if someone is using my username to get hits to their websites.
    This might work to my advantage, but, I still think it's weird.

Anyone else notice this?

2. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Yeah I found links to my hubs in the title of google search results and couldn't find them when I clicked on the page ? hmm
    Bizarre.. maybe it is some new spamming trick

3. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Let me get this straight?

Your at such a level of reknown that your name is a magic ticket to gaining visitors!

..Im guessing mancandy isnt a completely unique word and BRI is certainly not very rare

thanks for the laugh

1. brimancandy profile image83
      brimancandyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, if you do a google search for Brimancandy, the entire word comes up as a single word, it is not split up. If it were, I would get zillions of "Man" and "Candy" links. Only a few thousand show up.

A few of the sites are related to things I have posted. But, some have nothing to do with it. Look it up, or better yet, google your own username.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

It's probably just someone else who has used the same username all their life, I have someone out there who uses the same username as me, and it can be annoying when we are both trying to sign up to the same thing.

I don't see anyway in which someone stealing your username could be beneficial though!

5. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Hey, I had no idea that Johnny Depp's daughter's name is Lily Rose - cool!

6. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

'Bi_man_candy' (similar) does sound like the sort of name that might appear on a site for gay millionaires. smile