jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Are you addicted?

1. TheWicklessCandle profile image60
    TheWicklessCandleposted 6 years ago

Lately I have found myself perusing hubpages for a number of hours each day. I have fun learning from all of you and participating in hubs. I like seeing my followers grow and people actually look at my articles.

It's quite fun, but I have a hard time with moderation.

I think I might need to go to an HPA meeting.

1. McHamlet profile image60
      McHamletposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can relate. Had five hours sleep last night. It's now past midnight and I'm writing in this forum. Someone tell me to go to bed, please. Where's mum when you need her??

2. Karanda profile image84
      Karandaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Let me know when the group starts the HPA so I can join. I even wrote a hub about being addicted to HubPages -- sick or what?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

LOL. Welcome to the club lol

3. 0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

I'm haing that problem, but looking at my bank balance is telling me it is an addiction I cannot afford.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What do you do? Are you paying  somebody to write your hubpages?big_smile

4. TheWicklessCandle profile image60
    TheWicklessCandleposted 6 years ago

I know it will take a bit before I make any significant money, But i have made sales through the contextual links I have on my hubs already! so, that's fun.

But I think it's now more about the community for me. It is quite fun to have followers and traffic, even if it is endemic.

5. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

Welcome and keep going, "build it and they will come"

6. Internetwriter62 profile image87
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

I understand, it can be additive and fun.

7. free4india profile image61
    free4indiaposted 6 years ago

tell me who is not going to be happy with more followers smile

8. HubTweet profile image78
    HubTweetposted 6 years ago

It can indeed be addicting, specially if you are a freelancer like me, no boss looking over your shoulder.

I think I would have to set aside a couple of hours as my HubHours, then try to focus on work the rest of the day.

9. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Well, heck yeah, I'm addicted!

1. 0
      WildIrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Being on the internet hours a day is an addiction. I've recently spent real time with real people face-to-face and spent less time on the computer. My garden looks beautiful, my family is happy and well fed, and my Hub score is plummeting as I reach for a book of substance that pleads for a focused mind to read its words. No clicking to to next site when the plot drags. All things in moderation. Hub Pages is fun, but keep it in perspective.  Happy Hubbing