jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Voting down - how much impact does it have

1. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

How much does the vote down button affect a hub's hubscore?

I'm asking because I wrote a hub yesterday and its score has been slowly falling all day - as the number of visits rises. In my humble opinion its not awful. But it does have a fair amount of competition on HP. I didn't check the competition because I only wrote it for a bit of fun in a race against Cagsil last night. I wondered if maybe because I posted the link in Cagsil's thread that maybe it the score was pushed down because I had self-promoted.

Not losing any sleep over it, just wondered what can make a score drop into the forties.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Very little. Chances are that the hub isn't that good.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Spacey, my take on this is most likely it's due to the fact that your Hub doesn't offer any new take or angle on the subject compared to all the other web pages out there, and there's plenty.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that is interesting relache. but what about all of the repetitive how to make money with google, how to make money online hubs. why do people write so many of them when there are already so many?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a secret Rebekah. lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
          rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm  lol

4. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Ok fair do's - I guess sometimes there gonna just suck and I'll chalk it up to experience.

working