jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hypothetical Reposting Hubs Question

1. LarasMama profile image60
    LarasMamaposted 7 years ago

Just wondering... if for instance an old hub was deleted and then republished in a completely new hub but with the same URL, how would that effect google rankings?

1. mailxpress profile image73
      mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      I have no idea.  I'm looking forward to reading replies to this question of yours.  I wonder.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure why you would bother if you're going to use the same URL.  Why not just unpublish it?

I'm not sure the URL would become available immediately so you could re-use it - maybe someone else can advise.  Plus there's always the chance that someone else might steal it in the meantime.

1. LarasMama profile image60
        LarasMamaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Talking more in the area of changing hubs between accounts ... smile

2. traceye profile image77
    traceyeposted 7 years ago

I guess it depends on whether the hub is still in the index or not.  If you did it almost instantaneously then I can't see that it would affect anything - because it is still the same domain.

However if you left it for over a week and it got dropped from the index then it would have to be reindexed again.

I do have a friend that found some deleted hub addresses that someone had that had links already pointing at them and so she grabbed them for herself - to her benefit.

t

1. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can you share how she discovered them and how she knew they had links pointing to them?

1. traceye profile image77
        traceyeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aficionada,

She discovered them by accident by reading some ezinearticles by a specific author and clicking through the links in the resource box only to get a hubpages screen saying something like 'this hubpage is no longer available, click here to claim it for yourself'.

The eza author must have got his/her hub account closed for some reason *shrug*  oh well their loss.  smile

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

There's actually someone bottom fishing for links to deleted hubs. Now I've heard everything.

working