jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Can I create a another account joining through my own affiliate link?

1. mailxpress profile image75
    mailxpressposted 7 years ago

Can I create a another account joining through my own affiliate link? Is this allowed and if so has anyone else done this?  Thank you Hubbers.

1. princess g profile image59
      princess gposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No,

2. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 7 years ago

You can add other user names and profiles on your existing account and is common practice.  Some people do so to highlight different products. 

I have more than one user and profile on the same account, but what I have learned is diversity in your hubs is a good thing. 

Much Success  smile

mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for telling me I can create other usernames and profiles.  Very interesting. 

Hubpages did answer me and this is what they said:

No, I'm sorry but we don't allow that.  The affiliate links are to be used by people signing up for HubPages for the first time.

Again thank you very much.

1. Social-Networking profile image60
        Social-Networkingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did not know that aswell, great Question & Answer THX MX.

I just started using Hubpages as-well 'And I'd love to tell everyone and there brother.'  BUT, I believe it is in the best Interest of the Hubber to add there hub refferal link into any hub link they are promoting so as to catch any new hubbers and have NEW Hubber then assigned to the proper hub / or hubber for that NEW hubber  Refferal.

I just figured that out hmm

2. agvulpes profile image89
      agvulpesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do not think that this is correct?

1. princess g profile image59
        princess gposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you think that's correct?

You can make more than one profile, but you can't sign up your new profile through your own affiliate link.

Why should you be able to do that anyway? Doesn't that seem "wrong" to you?

The affiliate links are to get NEW people to sign up. Any other use of it is stealing profit from Hubpages. Think about it.

mailxpressposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi princess g,

Yes, I thought about it because a few Hubbers told me to do so.  So I sent Hubpages the question and they told me referral links are to be used to get new members.  I wrote that above.  Thanks.

3. Sparhawke profile image59
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

If you did that simply to add tracker IDs back to all your own hubs all the time it could create a considerable problem for Hubpages as all will be happening is the same people will be making many multiple accounts...

working