jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How do you divide your time?

1. Anolinde profile image89
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

This question is especially for those of you who run and manage multiple blogs/websites along with writing for HP.  How do you divide your time?!  I've always been bad with time management, but I have just recently started a blog (only have 3 posts down so far) and I know I need to post daily, but I'm having problems doing that along with building backlinks through article submissions as well as do housework, cook, run errands, and be a mom.  I'm just curious how you guys do it?  Anyone willing to share?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

One way to do this is to use the blog as a draft creation interface. If you have a blog editor, it works pretty much like a word processor. You can post to your blog, building posts and keep on improving them. The entries that are suited can then be unpublished and transferred to HubPages; thus no dilemma, rather they would be reinforcing one another.

3. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

You could alternate days between posting and making backlinks, so during the days of making backlinks you could also write down article ideas for the following day. It's up to you how much you want to post, but I would recommend doing it a couple times per week minimum.

4. Anolinde profile image89
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, guys smile  I think I probably need to have a weekly plan written out and just have to try to stick to it as much as possible!  Alternating days sounds good to me!

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No problem! big_smile

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I am bad at managing time. I do what I feel like doing, so I pick any of my websites to work on depending on my mood. However, on a rare occasion I will plan out what I will do next day and I do try my best to achieve the goal. smile

1. Anolinde profile image89
      Anolindeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haha, that kinda sounds like me, only that if I really just do what I feel like doing, I would never get anything done tongue

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Most people are incapable of handling or managing time. However, those who do understand managing time, don't really manage time, but manage their movement.

They optimize the physical movements and then prioritize each. They separate the movements, apply a length of time to finish, with in mind an overall time of project completion. smile

Example: writing a hub could take 1-2 hours, editing could take 1 hour and promotion takes 1 hour. Say the project is 10 hubs?

Well, first you need 10 titles/urls. Then you would research the topic(keyword competition and value). Then you need to gather the research(what you are going to write for each hub). Then write them. Then edit them. Then promote them.

All physical movements, allotted time-frame and effort. smile

7. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

At the moment...eat,sleep, work, shower, call and rant with Dell about ANOTHER broken down replacement computer...up to a third computer now and WILL be sending this one back after 1 hour!!! It showed "No hard Drive Found."
    Back to the antique piece.

And the cycle continues. Will be glad to use and manage time with Hubs once again, when I am able to.