jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (20 posts)

Makin' Money on the Weekend

1. mroconnell profile image85
    mroconnellposted 8 years ago

My adsense data is pretty limited because I still only have a small number of views (like 2000 hubviews).  But I seem to always get the bigger payout clickthrough on weekends.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday are way better performing for me than other days of the week.  Does this reflect anybody's experiences?

I wonder if it's because I have so many childish topics.  I get a fair amount of traffic on the lockpicking hub and the various high school reading level hubs.

1. compu-smart profile image80
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I too have quiet days and good days too...Like all business, some do better on some days than others and i doubt thier is a definitive answer to your question..
      all i can say is
      Roll on the weekend;)

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Probably depends on your topics. Mine are usually more active on the weekdays...

3. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 8 years ago

The topic and niche does have effect. I'd expect hubs on travel and holiday information would peak during weekday business hours when employees are dreaming of being somewhere else than in the office.

4. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

You will be making money even when you are sleeping ! smile

mroconnellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, since I'm usually out and busy on the weekends, there's also a correlation that the less I think about making money, the more I make money.  Simple coincidence and/or deep lesson in the tao of hubpages?

2. Trsmd profile image61
      Trsmdposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Are you talking about Google Adsense? OR ............?

1. zarkasi profile image60
        zarkasiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

How about JV, any advice?

5. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

You got it!

6. Karen Ellis profile image62
    Karen Ellisposted 8 years ago

I'm pretty new at hubpages and hadn't noticed in the number of hits on specific days/weekends.  I'll have to check that hust for my own info.  Only been here a coupld of weeks and have yet to hit $2.00 on my google acct.  I think I'm spending more money on electricity to run my computer than what I'm making.  However, I'm hanging in there and continuing to write hubs.

7. profile image61
    fernzpeteposted 8 years ago

I guess when u sleep u dont spend hence u save , hence u make money

mroconnellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

But when you subtract the opportunity cost of having fun being awake, you might find yourself vastly indebted!

8. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I'm still dreaming of getting 2000 hubviews!

1. profile image0
      TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Who has the most Hub views EVER I wonder? Total, I mean - not for one Hub.

9. shailini profile image60
    shailiniposted 8 years ago

bigger pay out on weekends - yea, i guess so

10. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

My guess would be SunSeven.

Jenny

1. Angela Harris profile image75
      Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

11. profile image0
    Marcy Sposted 8 years ago

Sun Seven said she has 2000 Hub views, right? And you all think she's probably got the highest. So I am going to be very direct and ask this question, hoping it is not rude: How much money have you made, Sun Seven? Others?

I ask because I joined 3 days ago, and posted only one Hub so far. I thought I'd post a few and see what happens...I have my own blog and many, many writing projects going on, and I'm afraid the Hub might eat up my time without the financial reward I seek. Anyone who can offer concrete responses to this, I'd appreciate.

And by the way, what does the big red number in the corner of a hubber's picture mean?

1. BeatsMe profile image80
      BeatsMeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you have many, many writing projects, then you may be wasting your time in hubpages. The upfront payment you get from writing projects may be more rewarding than trying to earn for royalties. The number is your score.

12. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

You are mistaking SunSeven to somebody else big_smile

They are talking millions views, not thousands smile

working