jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Google AdSense fees

1. belief713 profile image80
    belief713posted 8 years ago

OK, so last month, for the first time I made the minimum $100 (well, a little more) that is needed to get a payout from Google AdSense! I logged in yesterday to check the status of my payout and noticed I was charged a $30 Courier fee! I'm really aggravated because I didn't see anywhere on their pages that describe the different payment methods that a fee was charged for a check. So, now, I'm wondering, will I have to pay a fee for their other services? I prefer direct deposit and am now kicking myself for not going with my gut and choosing that option (assuming that they don't charge).

1. compu-smart profile image82
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Some AdSense payment methods charge handling fees..
      I recieve a paper cheque and live in the UK and dont get charged a dime!!
      This has nothing to do with Hubpages..You need to change payment method at your ASdSense account...

2. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

If you click on payment method, they have mentioned it. They charge $30 if you opt delivery via courier. They don't charge anything for ordinary postage.

3. belief713 profile image80
    belief713posted 8 years ago

OK, so the other payment methods don't charge? I wish they (AdSense) would have mentioned the charge somewhere...I've gone back and still don't see anything about charging for courier delivery.

4. gamergirl profile image58
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Ahem -

Right where you choose your check type, this is what the page says - direct copy/paste here:

Check - Standard Delivery*
    Check - Secured Express Delivery ( $30.00 Processing Fee )**

* Standard Delivery checks are sent by regular mail and should arrive within 2-3 weeks of the mailing date.
    ** Secured Express Delivery checks are sent via courier and should arrive within 1 week.

belief713posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wow, somehow I missed that. That sucks sad Now I am just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes. It says its shipped DHL and if I felt like it, I guess I could call them for tracking numbers, but for $30, it should be Overnight delivery! smile

5. chantelg4 profile image78
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Wow, that is a horrendous amount. I am almost at the $100 mark, glad i chose direct deposit. Thanks for sharing!

6. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 8 years ago

belief713, are you able to choose direct deposit?

Yes, I am, and I've switched it to that for the next payment.

7. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

Thanks for posting this link, SunSeven. It makes me not look like such a fool (although somehow I seriously missed the $30 fee mention when selecting the method), because that's the page I kept coming back to when I noticed the fee had been charged. And when you follow the link about Courier service, it doesn't mention the fee there either. Oh well, you live and learn.

8. spuds profile image20
    spudsposted 8 years ago

Get Google to pay direct into your bank account. No fees!

9. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Its good to learn Google can pay direct into ones bank account. Does this apply to US residents only or anywhere on planet earth?

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There are specific countries where they are able to do so.

Australia is one. I recall that there was about 7 or 8 others before Australians could get direct deposit, and it's been well over a year since they've been doing it for us Aussies.

working