jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How do I link to other hubs?

1. zrichards profile image58
    zrichardsposted 7 years ago

I just wrote my first hub and am working on the second, but I've come across a question. What is the best way to link to other people's hubs?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

The answer depends on how many links and how you want them to appear.

To create a few links inside your body text, enter edit mode. In the text capsule, highlight the text you want linked, then click on the linking icon, and type or paste in the URL that you want linked. Sometimes you may want to put the text you want linked in bold to make it clearer.

If you want to create multiple links, this is easiest done by inserting a link capsule into your hub while in editing mode. Usually, you will place this just above the comments capsule.

To earn money from people clicking on such links, you should use the affiliate trackers, which are available on people's hubs - click on the Share button when visiting these hubs, and the trackers will be created for you.

1. zrichards profile image58
      zrichardsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, thanks for the response. That really clears things up for me.

2. travelespresso profile image79
      travelespressoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's great information WebsiteExaminer.  How can I change how the link looks in the body of the text or on my profile?  I've been struggling with this. 

So if a link looks like ///www.abcdedf.com - how can I change it to look like you'll find it "alphabet".

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Travelespresso, that is not so difficult fortunately. All you do is that you use the cursor to highlight the words like you want them to appear.

- Highlight the words "favorite destination"
        - Click on the linking icon, with the words "favorite destination" still highlighted
        - In the linking tool, enter the URL "www.favorite-destination.html."
        - Click Save/OK, and you are done.

This way, hyperlinks will be created for you, looking like you want them to appear.

1. travelespresso profile image79
          travelespressoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much WE.  I'll try this!  In this instance I do want to link to a specific website.  I've been linking but unable to do it so that it shows the words I want.  Thanks! smile

3. Internetwriter62 profile image84
    Internetwriter62posted 7 years ago

You can use the link suggestion tool, unless you want to link to a specific hub.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is correct.

working