jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Articlesnatch Help!

1. LaMamaLoli profile image73
    LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago

Am hoping someone can explain to me. I typed in my username to google because I was looking for something in particular, and I noticed one of the things that came up was one of my hubs  and it said shared by me. But it was on a site called articlesnatch which I have no recollection of ever going on/posting on etc. When I clicked the link and went to the site I couldn't find a link to the actual hub, but my name was on the page for the subject of the hub, and when i clicked my name it took me to my hubpages profile. I don't really know anything about the site and couldn't work out what it was a about. It appeared to a directory of some sort? but i don't remember submitting to it. How could it have picked up my name/hub? I was also a bit concerned given the name of the website! does anyone know this site? and is this something i should worry about?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

articlesnatch is article directory..now since you are sure that you didnt submit the article please check user who did it...secondly do you want your hub to remain on that..they would give back link to your hub...but if you dont want your hub on that site , contact them and ask them to remove it...they would do that..

1. LaMamaLoli profile image73
        LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh ok. no, I guess I wouldnt have a problem with a backlink to my hub, but how do i find out who submitted it? I have a link at the bottom of the hub, to another hubbers hub, could they have submitted theirs, and it somehow picked mine up too? can you tell I have no experience at this?! lol

2. mjesales profile image59
    mjesalesposted 6 years ago

Normally when people have questions about our site - they use the contact page on the site and contact us directly - feel free to do so at any time if you do have questions or concerns.

Without an example here, I'm guessing that you saw something on a page that was on a topic page, and there was a bit about the hub you posted and it said "shared by: LaMamaLoli"

Our topic pages (articlesnatch.com/topic/keyword) include results from oneriot.com - OneRiot aggregates tweets, facebook and digg shares and allows site owners to include those results on their site.  These results are often updated every 15 minutes, sometimes less.  The results from OneRiot include a link to the person who shared it as well as a link to whatever it was that was shared.  The results are basically copies of things that are tweeted.

So if you tweeted about a hub you wrote, and you agreed to have your tweets shared (i.e. it is not a private twitter stream) then there is a chance that your tweets will show up on any number of sites.

However if someone else took your hub content and posted it in an article on our site - the link would look like articlesnatch.com/Article/ etc - if that is the case please email us with the link to the article so we can look into it.  Our staff does not actively go out and post articles to the site.

I hope that helps clear it up - if not please feel free to use our contact form to contact us directly.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

A backlink is good smile enjoy it!

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A backlink is not always good, especially when the person giving you the back link took your entire text.

I usually allow a paragraph if a user links back to me for it.