jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Promoting HubPages?

1. lpereira74 profile image61
    lpereira74posted 8 years ago

I am interested in learning what sites and techniques you are using to promote your HubPages?

2. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

type "traffic" into the search box - there are many hubs written on the topic

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

Nobody is going to do that for you! You have to promote yourself. I am doing it now(all the time) http://hubpages.com/_begin/hub/How_To_I … _Your_Site

1. lpereira74 profile image61
      lpereira74posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Has anyone had success with paid advertising such as banner ads and pay-per-click?  Check out Stumpedia.com, a new quick and easy site for advertising and promoting your HubPages for free.  Just search for keywords and phrases that match the topics related to your HubPages and submit the URLs.

2. GaidaR profile image60
      GaidaRposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you SunSeven for your detailed list of 'How To Increase Traffic'... and yes it's important to be continually promoting your own sites.  smile

4. 61
    stevoeposted 8 years ago

start a squidoo lens and link back yo and from your hub page
    use yahoo answers and place a link back you your hub
    use stumbleupon to stumble your own hub
    submit your hub content to scribd.com

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You'll find you can't post any links to HubPages from Yahoo Answers, except in your profile.   At some point, somebody obviously spammed the place and got us banned!

Stumbleupon is similar - you'll find you can only submit so many before you get blocked.

It's important to be aware that most of these sites prohibit self-promotion, so if you're going to promote your own sites, do it sparingly so as not to spoil it for yourself or everyone else.

1. Angela Harris profile image75
        Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Agreed- good point, Marisa.