jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Facebook proplem????

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have tried a few times to log into facebook and it keeps telling me that there is no account associated with my email or similar. Does this mean I have been deleted off of FB? I am not at home and am very limited in what internet access I have. I cannot say email family and ask them if I am still their friend or whatever. hmm

1. itech profile image56
      itechposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Instead of deleting your account by yourself, face-book has a time period to recover that account again,
      Me and My friend done this experiment twice,
      Well your problem seems to be difficult... I wonder someone has hacked your account, changed you email id and password including all the details related to it.

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question.  But if you are on a different computer now, is it possible that the cookies on the current computer somehow don't match up with those on your usual one?  Or could it be as simple as a typo in the e-mail address you are trying to log in with?

If you trust sharing your FB account name here, I could log into FB and check to see if the account has been deleted and let you know, but I can't imagine why that would happen.

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is my laptop I am on, the problem is that I cannot get emails or more importantly send them. I cannot find my profile in searches with my name or through my family accounts. I am starting to think I am not crazy and probably was pulled hmm

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kristen, don't EVER give out web account info to strangers who ask you on the Internet!  Revealing that info on a public forum, or in a private email goes against everything ever said about keeping yourself safe on the Internet.

I would not give anything more then my name (how else can they find/follow me? lol). I may have to just wait until I am home to email my family to ask if I am still their FB friend (should not be if the account has been deleted). I have heard about accounts being deleted for vague reasons, like it being reported as spammy, or friending people to fast etc. and have a sneaky feeling that something triggered it to be deleted. I mostly just have links auto posted to my wall, like my articles here etc. If so well at least I can make a new account with a better idea of how to use FB for sharing and promoting my online works. I am currently at this seminar and learned that you can make pages like fan pages and am looking forward to having a play with it at some point soon.

3. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I am wondering if it is because I used my name but as I will be changing my last name to Star soon I used it as a last name. If they don't like that for some silly reason would they pull my profile? I am almost certain that I used Kirsten Star for my name, just tried to sign up again and they would not approve that name.

What a load of *bleep* FB is mad

4. Aficionada profile image94

What a bummer.  Maybe some other Hubbers have more knowledge of this than I have.  {I haven't checked into MySpace in ages and I'm half afraid to try, afraid it might have been closed for inactivity.}

I don't know why the name in Facebook would be a problem, if that's the way you opened the account, or if you changed it to that name.  I can't imagine that they would have an approval process for names - but I know they do give an option of showing maiden names vs. married names and that sort of thing.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope, logged in after six months and deleted a heck of alot of mail (those DARN games I used to play)

Log into Myspace and all your info will still be exactly at where you left it, including however many updates from folks since you used it last.

5. Aficionada profile image94

Relache, You are correct to warn Kirsten about safety matters, and I apologize for trying to be helpful to her in a way that could genuinely be considered a possible danger.

It is ironic that you and I both have pen-names here in HubPages, but a lot of Hubbers use their full names.  As a result, I have seen a number of Hubbers' profiles on Facebook - in the very limited version, because that is the way they have set their privacy settings on Facebook.

Kirsten, I can give you some information about the 109,000 Kirstens on Facebook, if you have any interest in it - but it's not much.

6. Aficionada profile image94

Sounds like a cool seminar!  Maybe you can share some of that information - any of it that's not restricted by copyright. smile Good luck!

The first day was boring beyond belief yikes
      Today is a bit better, got a few ideas for video I could create and ideas about some of the functionality FB has. Should it work out well for me you better believe there is a hub in it! smile

I will not share anything I cannot say works, ie if I cannot make it work for me with my hubs and my online shop then I cannot advise it to others smile

7. Aficionada profile image94

Definitely Hub what you can!

For what it's worth - some of my FB friends are complaining today about (some unspecified) FB problems.  One just now wrote "Facebook screws up again -.- not surprised in the least," and another one wrote that a friend's phone number showed up in a feed where his name was supposed to be?!?  Not sure what's going on, but it could be just general Facebook problems today. mad