jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Followers Number

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Interesting changes in numbers today.  When I have posted in forums today, the number of followers listed on my avatar has shown up as one more than on my profile.  Finally, just a few minutes ago, the profile updated (I think that one says it happens once a day).  It's curious to me that the number on the forum pic updated before the profile did.

But then, the new follower - I checked this Hubber out - seems to be the same as another one.  In fact, I think the same person may have as many as five different accounts, each one "following" me.  That's okay, just questionable.  And one of those five accounts has been banned, but is still showing up as following me.

Well, it's certainly not a real problem (I think), but just a curiosity.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Nothing new with the forum showing more followers than your profile, have noticed it many times in the past.. Quite a few people have more than one account...

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Maybe this is the first time I've had a new follower on a day when I'm posting in forums. lol

The multiple account thing - I probably wouldn't even notice this one if I had higher numbers anyway.  But the fact that one of this Hubber's accounts was banned (and the others show little or no activity) does raise a huge red question mark in my mind.  Like, what's going on?  When it is an active Hubber, the multiple accounts issue may simply be a way of organizing their Hubs into different categories or to aim them at different interests.

Like I said, not really a problem, just a curiosity.

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

The same thing happens to my checking account.  The check register I keep here at my desk always shows a much higher balance than the one I can view through the bank's website.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL lol lol lol

2. lxxy profile image59
      lxxyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Second that, lol!

5. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Mine said 201 in forums and 200 on my profile earlier lol