jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Deceptive tag, topic or category.

1. habbizzelle profile image60
    habbizzelleposted 7 years ago

How do i know for sure that my hub topic fits my hub. How do i detect a deceptive tag, topic or category?

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Common sense I hope......

Read all the "how to hub" hubs and the go to the help section and you will find masses of information to help you...

But basically if you do a hub about business then it should be in the business category, pets in the pets... and so on..

Tags should reflect the content, so a tag of "make money online" for a hub about fish for instance may not truly reflect the content..

habbizzelleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't particularly like the insult, but i appreciate the help

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

The word "deceptive" implies acting in bad faith. It is a non-issue as long as you do not attempt to use irrelevant tags.

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I think the biggest mistake people make comes in the tagging. 

Just because a word is used in the text of the Hub does not make it a relevant tag.  Tags should be accurate representations of the subject matter and information presented.  They should be the sort of words someone would be using in a search that might lead them to your Hub.

I can recall one former site user who got his account banned because he just refused to stop using unrelated tags after having lots of Hubs moderated.  He preferred to maintain the opinion that he was being attacked for no reason.  I think that was validly viewed as acting in bad faith.

thanks

2. habbizzelle profile image60

thanks

working